Monday, September 12, 2011

Making Sure Veganism Comes Up

One of the things that Colleen Patrick-Goudreau says, is that she makes sure that the topic switches to veganism during her conversations with strangers.
At first, that seems like a lot of pressure to 'perform' for the cause. You already know that my speaking skills aren't always accessible to me, but I'm finding myself doing the very same thing. For example, last week at the dentist, I asked the hygienist if she sometimes could identify what she was cleaning out of people's teeth. She said, for sure she could. Especially meat and popcorn kernels. Perfect!! She brought up meat! So I told her she shouldn't find any animal carcasses in my teeth. She asked if I was vegetarian, I said I was vegan, and we talked about nutrition for awhile. It was cool.
Today, I was taking a cab home from the rehab centre, and it came up again! :]
The driver asked what I did last night and I began to tell him about the film I watched(with my Facebook group, Queen City Vegan) Forks Over Knives. I explained how the film was about the health benefits of eating only plants and  I told him I was vegan. I had to explain the difference between vegetarianism and veganism, but it was awesome!! Planting seeds. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment