Monday, October 3, 2011

I sometimes forget that my becoming vegan corresponds with my brain injury.

Troy has been doing Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's The 30-Day Vegan Challenge. He's nearly done, one more week. We talked the other night about how it's going. Troy said he's not continuing after the 30 days. :(
He's continuing the most he 'can', but he says he can't see himself being vegan. He misses meat too much. <eye roll>
I cried. I was really hoping he'd have this amazing awakening(that I had) and decide it just wasn't worth it. I told him that comes across as really selfish. He said he would still be vegan at home, and take vegan lunches, etc.
Give him time. He's bound to wake up. Any day now. Hmm. Perhaps not in this lifetime.
I am really glad he won't be going back to eating animals, or their secretions, at every meal, everyday.

So I was thinking, maybe my awakening to the evils of the animal industry was really perfectly timed. I mean, as soon as I could think complex thoughts, I began reading everything that had to do with veganism. So because my brain became more active and critical at the same time as transitioning to being vegan, this awakening was so profound for me!                                  
Maybe everyone just needs a good whack to the head.  : P

No comments:

Post a Comment