Monday, July 18, 2011

Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

http://vimeo.com/25559560

Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is my hero. I have all of her books, The Joy of Vegan Baking(my first vegan cookbook!), The Vegan Table, Color Me Vegan, Vegan's Daily Companion and I've pre-ordered The 30 Day Vegan Challenge. I  listen to her podcast, Vegetarian Food For Thought nearly everyday. I have a bit of a 'girl crush' on her, but not to worry, my sweet husband, Troy, knows. :) Actually, I think he knew before I did.
Her podcast is very inspiring, and I feel supported every time I listen. Her cookbooks are so good! She tries to stick to commonly found ingredients, so not a lot of specialty vegan fare required. Which is awesome since Regina does not offer a lot of options for vegans. The Joy of Vegan Baking was my first vegan cookbook, and her instructions are very simple to follow. This is important to me, because my brain injury was pretty fresh(6 months old), and I had a hard time following directions. The trick is to have my nap and don't play music. ;) Plus I used to hate cooking and baking.  Well not anymore baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment