Monday, July 18, 2011

Troy Is Amazing

Troy has been amazing through all this! By 'this', I mean, the brain injury and my veganism. I'm told(cause I can't recall!) Troy spoon-fed me, and reminded me everyday of why I was even in the hospital. Once awake from the coma, I wanted to communicate, but I couldn't because of the trach. Luckily, I went to an elementary school with a hearing impaired program, and I picked up some American Sign Language. I guess I automatically started using it to communicate(it's been about 10-12 years since I've used it...ahh the brain), Troy even learned a few words in ASL(ie."toilet", "no") so he could understand me, and so much more! He's so patient. It can take me longer to understand instructions, and he really makes sure I get it. He's very patient because my explanations of things is poor now. I have my education degree so I used to be pretty okay with explanations. Now I listen to the Vegetarian Food For Thought podcasts over and over! Simply because I'm working on my memory, and compassionate responses to common questions/responses to veganism.

No comments:

Post a Comment