Monday, July 18, 2011

Message to friends regarding my veganism

I'm really happy in this vegan lifestyle. I feel peaceful. I'm glad my actions follow my ethics of non-violence and compassion. I live with integrity. I'm healthier than I've ever been.
I'm really not trying to convert anyone. I'm sharing information so my friends and family can make informed food choices rather than being ignorant. So they can make their own decisions with all of the information rather than follow what they've been led to believe by corporations that have everything to gain($$$). I find it interesting that I'm seen as 'pushing' my veganism onto people, but corporations with ads in every form(television, billboards, radio, etc) aren't viewed as 'pushing' animal products onto people. Here's the deal: I'll stop talking about my veganism once all of the ads for animal parts and secretions stop.

There's a lot of myths out there about vegans and veganism that are unfounded that I need people to know are not the truth.
Being vegan is not expensive at all. When you're buying prepared, packaged food, yes, it gets pricey. But we don't usually eat that stuff, plus the government(both USA and Canada) heavily subsidizes meat, dairy and eggs. So we're not seeing the true cost dollar wise, not to mention other costs such as human and non-human animals rights violations, and environmental and health costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment